Thursday, February 19, 2009

WELCOME

Hello to all, and welcome to my personal Blade Runner music site. As many on the Internet know, I am a passionate fan and aspiring collector of the music score for the motion picture “Blade Runner”, composed by Vangelis.

Well, that part doesn’t really need an introduction; but what does need an introduction is the goal and intention of this site. I started “Blade Runner Music” in an effort to preserve every last note of Vangelis’s music score into a comprehensive archive, and in the process meet many aficionados around the globe like myself who are willing to share and discuss their adoration for this score, their collections, and the latest discovery in unreleased music, from whatever source(s) available, among other topics.

Now, for those who are interested, I will be providing a guide on how to structure the two score CDs of the “Blade Runner Trilogy” in chronological order.

To fulfill my desire for a comprehensive archive, I will start by providing a list of music cues and cue segments missing from the official soundtrack release, consisting of both bootlegged music and music that is unavailable outside of the film itself; hopefully the list will become more elaborate in the future, but for now it is meant to clarify missing material so other fellow fans will know what to look for when purchasing or trading rare Blade Runner music. If anyone has an actual clean version w/o sound effects of any cue listed as “unavailable”, I would really appreciate it that they let me know ASAP so that I may update the information accurately.

Now, let me dispel any incorrect assumptions before I continue: if you are only looking for a blog or a site that hosts links for downloading, I have to inform you that it is second priority to what I am trying to accomplish here, which is a type of catalog for detailing all the Blade Runner music cues known to man in order to inform and help fellow aficionados on what exactly to look for when they bid/buy on sites like eBay or trade with other collectors. But I am certainly open to the idea of sharing Vangelis’s music on this site, as long as I am contacted beforehand about any link sharing and as long as credit is given to the original uploader. (If any of my readers is the original uploader, then no need to worry, you can go ahead and pat yourselves on the back. :)

So for now, please go ahead and enjoy ”Blade Runner Music”, feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the site, or if you wish to donate links to post; I will also put up a list of Blade Runner bootlegs and individual cues I am looking for, as well as requests by my fellow readers. If all goes well, everyone should be able to help each other out.

No comments:

Post a Comment